My client is a governing body that is seeking a Quality & Performance Manager to provide business management support to the Business Management Director, as well as teams across In-House Services. The post holder will also be expected to lead on quality and performance improvement initiatives. The role is a fixed term contract for 6 months, with 36 hours per week.
BUSINESS PLANNING & REPORTING
- Lead on the production of In-House Services' Annual Business Plan, including:
- The development of Business Plan Objectives (BPOs) across all In-House Services teams,
- Setting performance and quality targets across a range of key business/ customer processes,
- The formulation of a Continuous Improvement (CI) Action Plan.
- Support the Head of Business Planning & Performance (Corporate Services) with the development of the Annual Corporate Business Plan;
- Manage In-House Services' BPO progress reporting to the Management Board;
- Prepare and present comprehensive quarterly BPO progress reports to the In-House Services Management Board (IHSMB), in particular supporting it to identify operational risk/ areas for remedial action.
PERFORMANCE REPORTING & TREND ANALYSIS
- Lead on the maintenance and improvement of In-House Services' performance and quality framework, including liaising with Directors/ Heads on setting targets, acting as a 'critical friend' where appropriate;
- Manage In-House Services' monthly performance reporting to the Management Board, and the ISHMB via the Monthly KPI Balanced Scorecard;
- Prepare and present comprehensive quarterly KPI performance trend reports to the IHSMB, in particular supporting it to identify areas of poor operational performance and/or service quality.
EXCELLENCE, CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT & BENCHMARKING
- Lead on In-House Services' Recognized for Excellence external accreditation (delivered via BQF/ EFQM), including:
- Preparing all evidence, arranging key interviews with staff, and ensuring general readiness for external assessment,
- Acting as the lead IHS representative during assessment, liaising with the assessors,
- Incorporating any areas for development, highlighted by the assessors, into the CI Action Plan,
- Considering additional quality management frameworks (as appropriate).
- Act as In-House Services lead CI Practitioner, supporting peers across teams to identify, document and implement process improvements to key business/ customer processes;
- Co-chair, lead and support In-House Services' Benchmarking Steering Group (BSG), in order to support external learning and enhance performance);
- Prepare and present quarterly CI/ benchmarking 'update' reports to the IHSMB, in supporting it to identify opportunities for efficiencies/ service improvements;
- Coordinating progress reporting against additional action plans (e.g., internal audit) as appropriate.
WIDER TEAM SERVICES SUPPORT
- Support the Business Management Director/ Interim Head of IHS Finance with the production, reconciliation and circulation of management information in readiness for quarterly Challenge Meetings;
- Maintain and develop the In-House Services CI SharePoint site, by ensuring that relevant information and reports (suitable for sharing with IHS staff) have been uploaded;
- In partnership with the IHS Communications Officer, support the production of the monthly IHS newsletter (Insight) and/or communication (Team Talk) by contributing suitable messages on business planning, KPI performance, and quality and CI;
- In partnership with Team Services colleagues, support the maintenance/ updating of Team Services' risk register and Business Continuity Plan (BCP);
- Represent In-House Services at relevant House Committees, Boards and groups (where appropriate) and take meeting notes as required;
- Correspond with authorities within and outside the House on behalf of the Managing Director/ Business Management Director in their areas of responsibility;
To manage delegated resources in accordance with standing instructions and policies
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- An ability to proactively manage successful relationships with internal stakeholders, as well as external relationships with third party suppliers - whilst adhering to the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion.
- The ability to plan and allocate resources to ensure delivery of goals.
- Demonstrates an ability to develop, document, implement and continuously improve business/ customer processes.
- Effective written and oral communication, demonstrating good inter-personal skills and experience of building strong relationships with people at all levels, with the confidence to challenge and persuade where appropriate.
- Demonstrates good planning and organizational skills and capable of organizing workload to achieve demanding deadlines and urgent work at short notice
- A systematic and analytical approach to problem solving
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
Get NEW JOBS like these by
email - as they go live.