Senior Infrastructure SpecialistInfrastructure
- Salary: GBP 55000 per year - GBP 58000 per year
- Location: London
- Job type: Permanent
- Reference: MSSISMBA
Senior IT Infrastructure Specialist sought after by a leading accountancy firm in Central London.
This role will ensure the resolution of advanced/complex issues arising from line of business core desktop, server applications, systems infrastructure, hardware and software. Lead installation of new infrastructure and application solutions.
- Business as usual work which consists of ticket based responses.
- Monitoring the server and storage infrastructure.
- Creating new virtual machines based on prerequisites.
- Amending existing server specifications.
- Working with vendors to build and manage solutions.
- Taking the lead on day to day tasks.
- Taking the lead on small works and projects.
- Contributing to the development of the 'Cloud' Strategy at the company.
- Keeping abreast of advancement in cloud solutions and offerings and recommending change where required.
- Responsible for ensuring all compliance and risk issues are understood and highlighted to senior management as they arise.
- Providing 3rd line support to the support desk and taking calls when escalated to 3rd line.
- Taking personal responsibility to ensure solutions to incidents are evaluated, planned, tested and the solution meets the requirements of the end users.
- Ensuring line of business critical system and/or software upgrades and maintenance are carried out, when required according to assigned portfolio of applications or systems.
- Ensuring software and license renewals are reviewed as required.
- Developing project plans, ensuring projects are completed by deadline in order with ITIL & Prince2.
- Preparing and testing technical knowledgebase articles as well as systems documentation.
- Working on Windows 10, Windows Server 2008/12/16.
- Administration of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Hypervisor technology; VMWare 5.x/6.x and Hyper-V.
- Hands on with physical server and storage infrastructure.
- Azure, Office 365 and any other cloud solutions will be fundamental.
- Microsoft Office 2016 and proposed new versions for these tools.
Benefits include: Pension scheme, life assurance cover, private medical insurance, performance bonus, discounted gym memberships, season ticket loan, range of lifestyle benefits to personalise your remuneration package.