Senior Media Relations Manager - Global financial servicesMarketing
SENIOR GROUP MEDIA RELATIONS MANAGER- FINANCIAL SERVICES
Our client a major player in the Global Financial Services sector is looking for an experienced Media Relations/PR professional with experience gained in a large financial services or complex corporate organisation to join the Media Relations team
This will be a varied media relations role, which will involve working with senior level contacts both internally and externally on a range of issues such as corporate reputation, sustainability, regulation, raising the profile of senior executives etc. The role will involve a mix of both proactive and reactive PR
- To support the Head of Media Relations in delivering the media relations strategy and operational plans which support the business's global ambitions and business strategy, communicate messages and reinforce global reputation drivers.
- To ensure that key reputational issues impacting the business are effectively managed in the media.
- To work closely with the media relations teams in the businesses, to understand their issues and where they fit with the media relations strategy
- Prepare communications for senior business leaders on a wide range of issues, translating business messages into inspiring and compelling speeches, presentations, papers and articles for external audiences in line with the reputation drivers.
- Communicate statutory and financial calendar announcements: annual results, AGM and annual report publication.
- Assist in executing a proactive programme to build the profiles of the CEO, Chairman and other senior executives
- Manage crisis communications
- Develop, manage and coordinate the media relations plans around major change and issues with an impact across the business.
- Deliver media relations training for senior spokespeople
- Develop and maintain relationships with key global media
- Experience required
- Extensive experience in Media Relations, with experience of protecting a corporation's reputation gained in a large, complex corporate environment
- Experience in a financial services business would be useful but not essential
- Ideally you will have experience of financial communications ie.working with financial results/calendar
- Experience in reactive and proactive PR
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with experience of working with senior level stakeholders
- Strong external relationships with journalists/contacts in key global media
- Strategic approach with a focus on the bigger picture
Please send your cv in the first instance to Emma Jerome via the link provided