- Salary: GBP 30000 per year - GBP 31000 per year
- Location: London
- Job type: Permanent
- Reference: BBBH139641
My client is operating in the public sector, seeking a Pensions Specialist to join their organisation on an 18 month fixed term contract. This individual should have a good understanding of Pensions and the role has an investment focus to ensure an appropriate level of investment support to the Trustees. However, as a small specialist team and the job holder will be expected to support colleagues and assist in the overall duties of the team.
- Trustee meeting preparation including writing Trustee minutes and papers.
- Working closely with the Investment Consultants and the Investment Adviser in managing the scheme's investments; implementing Trustee policies and maintaining and improving the governance arrangements in place.
- Acting as primary contract for the Fund managers and Custodian; arrange for preparation of all tax documentation for signatories; manage the implementation of Trustee investment decisions; monitoring and improving reporting arrangements.
- Assisting with general stewardship and investment monitoring duties
- Attend investment manager meetings to review performance and ensure that managers continue to invest the Fund's assets in accordance with their mandate.
- Updating the Statement of Investment Principles.
- Support the Trustees in meeting the requirements of the UK Stewardship Code and to update the Trustees' Statement of Compliance to the UK Stewardship Code.
- Assist with procurement and implementation of new investment mandates and new third-party contracts.
- Experience of working with and supporting Trustees of a defined benefit pension scheme
- Knowledge and experience of pension scheme investments; managing investment mandates and the governance of these arrangements
- Very strong organisational skills with demonstrable experience of planning and prioritizing workload to meet strict deadlines
- Gained or studying for the APMI (Associate of the Pensions Management Institute) or over 5 years experience of working in the pensions industry.