GoCardless Senior Legal CounselRegulatory
- Salary: GBP 80000.00 per year - GBP 100000.00 per year
- Location: London
- Job type: Permanent
- Reference: BBBH140107
The role will be responsible for leading various legal areas including assisting with the expansion into new locations and the development of the organisation. Another requirement would be ensuring changing data protection requirements are followed. It is a consultative role that requires communication across multiple departments. An ideal candidate would be a commercial generalist with in house experience.
- General support for various teams across the company
- Assisting with the international expansion of the organisation including the evaluation of market opportunities and regimes and thereon creating and managing entry plans.
- Ensuring the company complies with GDPR and other regulation.
- Working closely and providing management of external legal counsel
- You will be responsible for legal budgets and KPIs
- All general legal problems that may occur throughout the business.
Minimum Experience and Knowledge
- Fully Qualified Lawyer
- Very strong private practice training and in-house experience
- Experience with scaling legal processes
- Knowledge of KPIs and GDPR
- Knowledge of FCA requirements is beneficial but not required
- Interest in joining a dynamic, fast paced Fintech company
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills for meeting tight deadlines and assimilating complex legal and regulatory material
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to deal with demanding client base and working proactively and independently.
- Around 5 years PQE