Head of Legal VP - Regulated Loans & OverdraftsRegulatory
- Salary: GBP 90000.00 per year - GBP 90000.00 per year
- Location: London
- Job type: Permanent
- Reference: BBBH139787
Head of Legal - Regulated Loans & Overdrafts
Our client, a leading global bank, is seeking a Legal Counsel Lawyer to join their Regulated and Unregulated Lending Legal Team at VP level. The institution is a highly established organisation based in London.
This role will be responsible for providing legal expertise and knowledge to all areas within the organisations current and future lending product offerings. They will be required to support various departments including Retail, Premier, Wealth and Business Banking, and provide specialist regulated lending advice on an international scale. The main areas you will be advising on are Loans, Overdrafts, Credit Cards, Mortgages and any other forms of credit, both secured and unsecured.
The individual will be considered a trusted advisor, dealing with senior business stakeholders to provide an end to end advisory process within financial services, focussing on compliance with applicable legislation including Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Financial Services & Markets Act 2000, CONC, and general Consumer Rights Act 2015.
- Maintain clear and up to date knowledge of relevant laws, regulations and policies
- Work with the Regulated Lending Legal Forum and support the team horizon scanning process
- Report into the Head of Legal, Regulated Loans & Overdrafts and present him or another member of senior management with any material legal and non-legal risks and problems.
- Be responsible for the assessment of training and seeking key opportunities for training.
- Provide high quality legal advice independently and sometimes take a supervision role.
Minimum Experience and Knowledge
- Qualified solicitor or barrister with 4-10 years PQE
- Experience and specialism working in Consumer credit law and regulation, consumer credit law and regulation, consumer protection law, FCA policy and regulation of financial services,
- A background of working within Financial services/retail banking/payments law/regulated mortgage contracts/ non-regulated lending is preferred.
- Experience with working across teams and locations
- Trained and have practiced within non-contentious regulation of a magic circle law firm or similar.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to deal with demanding client base and working proactively and independently.
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills for meeting tight deadlines and assimilating complex legal and regulatory material