- Salary: GBP 80000 per year - GBP 100000 per year
- Location: London
- Job type: Permanent
- Reference: MBAL2002
Our client is in search of a non-contentious Regulatory Lawyer to join their European Regulatory & Advisory team. The institution is a highly-established organisation with their Headquarters based in London. This role will be responsible for all aspects of regulatory issues that impact business lines. The role will focus on analysis of legislation, regulatory policy developments and consultant papers, and identifying any impact and consequences for the organisation.
- Work closely with senior stakeholders in regard to interpretation and practical implementation of regulations and laws.
- You will be a representative on bother internal and external committees
- Work closely with other teams to support the organisations domestic and international advocacy efforts.
- You will assist other internal teams in advising driven regulatory implementation projects i.e. Benchmarks Regulation and MiFID II
Minimum Experience and Knowledge
- A minimum of 2-4 years of post-qualified experience, specializing in financial regulation
- Trained and have practiced within non-contentious regulation of a magic circle law firm or similar.
- Expertise within UK and European markets, including MiFID/MiFID II, EMIR, FSMA and the FCA Handbook
- Experience in a non-contentious regulatory advisory capacity.
- Strong capital markets product knowledge and experience with the management of external counsel
- University Degree in Law
- Full Legal Qualification
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to deal with demanding client base.
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills for meeting tight deadlines and assimilating complex legal and regulatory material