Small Works Manager
- Salary: GBP 32000 per day - GBP 36000 per day
- Location: London
- Job type: Interim
- Reference: BBBH140192
My client is a governing body that is seeking a Small Works Project Manager to work as part of a small team responsible for managing a mixture of minor maintenance works, small projects and occasional specialist repairs of building structures, finishes, and building services across the Parliamentary Estate including supervision of contractors, Health & Safety & Budget control.
initiatives. The role is a fixed term contract for 6 months. NVQ Level 3 in both B & CE and Mechanical & Electrical Building Services, or a related discipline is essential
- Managing small project work requests: using Archibus (or its IWMS successor) to achieve required Service Level (currently 90%) work completion on works within agreed timescales for small projects.
- Ensuring all project phases are identified and managed via the IWMS system including stakeholder engagement, updating of project plans, engagement of contractors if required, supervision of work etc
- Identify appropriate technical solutions and engage contractors or Craft Team to ensure the most cost-effective solution
- Liaison with colleagues to ensure, where applicable, that all necessary works, on completion, are included in the Planned Maintenance regime
- Provide feedback to the Head of Small Projects and customers on any delays as and when they occur.
Health and safety
- Have good working knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation including CDM
- Carry out Health & Safety risk assessments on work activities (including COSHH, RAMS, Weekly Health & Safety review and Returns, etc) in compliance with House Health & Safety Policies and Procedures
- Ensure the works are considered in context with the building's use and listed status, considering building constraints and agreed policies, plans and standards
- Carry out overall supervision of contractors to ensure efficient and economical use of resources.
- Carry out pre-inspection of jobs and prepare estimates, job descriptions, specify materials and specify tools necessary when requested and ordering same.
- Checking on completion, performance, quality of work and productivity.
Budgets and procurement
- Manage the delegated budgets responsibly in compliance with all relevant legislation and House standards.
- To ensure that contracts are specified, tendered utilising, where applicable, NEC 3, and let in accordance with the organisation's Procurement Policy.
- To source and manage specialist services brought in as required from approved supplier list or framework including raising HAIS orders as required
NVQ Level 3 in both B & CE and Mechanical & Electrical Building Services, or a related discipline