IT Supplier Relationship ManagerSupply Chain & Procurement
IT Supplier Relationship Manager (SRM)- Insurance (South London / Kent based)
Our client, a leading brand within insurance, is seeking a dynamic, driven and hands-on Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) professional to sit within a growing and fast-paced operations function.
Reporting into Director level and working in conjunction with IT & Operations, the successful Supplier Relationship Manager will primarily be responsible for the management of the commercial and contractual relationships with allocated key suppliers, throughout the lifecycle of the agreement. To manage contract performance and identify and deliver additional value into the firm's supply chain through interaction with business stakeholders.
Tasks and Key Responsibilities
- Manage key supplier contracts, ensuring all business changes are supported by external vendors through account development and management.
- Clear alignment and reporting against the operations policy and framework.
- Ensure support and compliance with all relevant policies and procedures.
- Support the SRM strategy and objectives across the firm to meet the business objectives within the most appropriate time, quality and cost parameters. Implement and promote rigorous governance throughout supplier relationships. Own relevant interfaces across the organisation.
- Identify opportunities to drive value and improve the performance of the existing and potential supply base, seeking ways to drive innovation in processes, reduce costs, reduce risks, improve performance and stimulate competition between qualified suppliers.
- To manage the governance of key supplier relationships ensuring that commercial obligations are adhered to.
- Engage with suppliers and partners, ensure that suppliers are monitored and managed consistent with the terms set out in contracts, and notify management where there are discrepancies.
- Maintain and build business relationships with suppliers to ensure that delivery schedules are achieved
Essential Skills & Abilities
- Understanding contract law sufficiently to be able to identify risks, gaps and opportunities and to be able to ensure supplier delivery to the required quality
- A demonstrable knowledge of techniques to deliver continuous cost savings and add value to business units
- Understanding the supply including the role of suppliers, their importance and their impact. Also knowledge the regulatory obligations relating to the supply chain
- A knowledge of tools and techniques to evaluate the balance of power between the firm and its suppliers, the impact of this balance/imbalance and how to use it or change it to the firm's advantage
- Understanding of contract negotiation and contract/supplier management best practise
- Understanding of supplier governance and its implementation for different agreements/services
Business and IT Strategy
- Understanding of the broad economic, legislative and regulatory (particularly FCA and GDPR) contexts within which the firm operates and their influence on the management of operations and solutions delivery
IT SRM, IT Supplier Relationship Manager, IT Contracts Manager, IT Supplier Manager, SRM, Vendor Manager, Technology, IT&T, supply chain, contracts specialists, financial services, insurance, CIPS, London, City of London, South London, Kent
McGregor Boyall is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.