IT Commercial Manager
Supply Chain & Procurement
- Salary: comp bens
- Location: London
- Job type: Permanent
- Reference: BBBH137871
IT Commercial Manager
Commercial Management Domain - Group Technology
The Office of the CIO division within Group Technology is continuously improving and have created a new imbedded IT Commercial Management function. This effectively is a greenfield procurement role that will support the entire division. With direct costs of approx. £40m, the Technology Division has the largest and most variable e commercial landscape within the organisation.
The Commercial Manager is responsible for ensuring the Technology division can effectively go to market concerning products, solutions and services in a manner which enables a successful and value based outcome. Reporting to a Senior Divisional Head, the role is established to undertake all pre-procurement activity on behalf of large scale project activity as well as supporting business as usual activities.
- Ensures proper monitoring of the contracts and initiates actions, including the enforcement of any penalty clauses to bring contracts back into line or to terminate them.
- Review vendors contracts, and Project collateral to inform future sourcing activities.
- Can act as the custodian of the vendor relationship during early market engagement.
- Owner of the governance process with project Managers to ensure authority to proceed is gated at key stages within a project management lifecycle.
- Influences policy and procedures covering the selection of suppliers, tendering and procurement. Identifies and support strategic vendor initiatives and contributing to and/or accountable for negotiation.
- Leads early delivery engagement with potential product, solution or service providers
- Monitors and analyses trends in IT supply spending and inventory control in order to make recommendations for the future and to identify areas for possible savings.
- Develops and understands key vendor activity which can influence future changes in behaviour, including awareness of initiatives to buy similar products or services or purchasing from the same vendor.
- Provide management with regular reporting regarding all major Technology sourcing no matter what stage of the lifecycle the sourcing is within.
- Ensures Technology Architecture teams are engaging potential vendors in alignment to sourcing process.
- Provide contract and vendor management support to colleagues throughout the Technology Operating Model.
- Provides relevant, timely and high quality sourcing documentation to enable a successful procurement to be completed.
- Owns the early-life commercial activity for Technology.
Technical Skills and Requirements:
- Knowledge of project and risk management techniques
- Strong knowledge and experience in undertaking complex IT procurements in line with public sector regulations
- Contract management skills including design, negotiation, supplier performance and corrective action
- Knowledge of procurement practices including pricing strategies, terms and discounting
- Specific knowledge of the structure and challenges of IT contracts both for goods, licenses and services (e.g. software as a service)
McGregor Boyall is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.