Strategic Procurement Manager - RetailSupply Chain & Procurement
Strategic Procurement Manager - Indirects
Our client, an attractive and growing commercial brand, is seeking a dynamic and strategic Procurement Manager who shall be responsible for designing and implementing a strategic approach to the end to end procurement of all corporate and business services, ensuring the goods and services are purchased at the most competitive cost and with minimal risk to the business. The key to the role is to drive a long-term strategic plan to develop procurement across the business and embed the policies and procedures to achieve optimum business benefit. Additionally, the management of key suppliers to ensure that first-class service levels are achieved continually and to ensure waste and inefficiency are driven out of the supply chain is equally critical.
The role shall report to Board level.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the full sourcing, negotiation and contract review process of high-value and key strategic reviews and acquisitions;
- Support the Finance Director in developing and implementing procurement strategy and policies and cost transformation plans;
- Support the business in the development and implementation of a supplier relationship management framework, to be utilised by business stakeholders where applicable;
- Formulation of category strategy plans across all category areas;
- Achievement of Procurement KPI's and annual savings targets;
- Contract management and negotiation;
- Pro-active relationship management of key suppliers (new and incumbent) to ensure contracts and commercial arrangements are competitively priced, legally robust and that service levels are established, monitored and exceeded by our suppliers;
- Drive added value and continuous improvement from our key suppliers;
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the supply markets and related cost-models across all category areas;
- Preparation and presentation of business cases to the Board of Directors and Heads of Department;
- Sourcing of international suppliers and the development of supplier relationship management processes for international suppliers where applicable;
- Close liaison with the Group Procurement Department to ensure synergies and cost-savings are realised across all categories where applicable;
- Mentoring and training of non-procurement colleagues and stakeholders in commercial awareness.
Essential Skills & Abilities
- Relationship management
- Communication and interpersonal relations
- Meet targets set by the Directors
- Skilled Negotiator
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Leadership and teamwork as the role involves working with different departments
McGregor Boyall is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.