Messaging Consultant (Office 365 Infrastructure)Infrastructure
Purpose of Role
- Support and manage current email environment under direction from the Infrastructure and Operations Manager.
- This role will be pivotal in architecting, managing and delivering a single global email solution leveraging an Office365 hybrid model and providing a single brand and domain.
- Assist with the design and implementation of a solution to rebrand all email accounts under one domain across multiple email platforms worldwide minimising impact to services.
- Assist with the consolidation of Active Directory globally
- Assist in the design and implementation of the corporate email strategy: Preparing clear documentation with structured migration models, diagrams and cost models which can be presented to senior management for consideration.
- Assist in resolving email capacity issues and ensuring the current email platform is maintained.
- Identify, document and propose means of 'securely' migrating data between Exchange (and other mail) systems located in different organizations globally.
- Support Outlook, OWA, MS Exchange 2010/2013/2016, Office365 Hybrid, Mobile Devices and other Microsoft Back-office applications.
- Support LANDesk, and other Infrastructure technologies as required.
- Assist with templates and other automation technologies to support creation of user administration, including scaling, security, group memberships and other AD/Mail related products.
- Assist the organization in the development and management of mail archiving tools in line with business service requirements. Currently, the tool is Symantec Enterprise Vault.
- Patch & configuration management of the whole of the mail environment
- Verification of daily backups for the various components making up the group mail environment.
- Respond to user requests for modifications and troubleshooting.
- Act as focal point for customer's questions/escalations relating to Outlook, Exchange, OWA, email, mobile devices and Infrastructure operations.
- At least 5 years' experience of managing email/Exchange and infrastructure operations.
- Microsoft certified professional accreditation.
- Experience with email protocols: SMTP, IMAP, POP3, MAPI, ActiveSync, and EWS.
- Expert in Active Directory, TCP/IP and Network Topology.
- Scripting tools, VBA and/or scripting host.
- Office365 Hybrid environments.
- Networking including knowledge of LAN/WAN, VLANs Firewalls and Enterprise infrastructure environments.
The company are implementing Office365 within the business so the role is focused on email account design and implementation.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.