- Salary: GBP 45000.00 per year - GBP 45000.00 per year
- Location: South West
- Job type: Permanent
- Reference: BBBH137675
My Client is a leader in global banking and financial services and is seeking Payroll Specialist on a permanent basis. The Payroll Team are responsible for paying the UK and Channel Island employees, delivering a qualitative and accurate payroll operation including management of payroll financials, change programmes, escalations and interaction with third parties such as HMRC.
- Management of payroll events including the running of monthly payroll, payroll change and delivery of annual events.
- Provision of accurate support and guidance to the payroll team, employees, stakeholders and third parties.
- Identify and implement Operational Governance where required.
- Ensure team readiness for impending change, administering effective training and providing on-going support.
- Support the impacts of change and/or transformation of operational activity.
- To contribute and/or lead projects and bespoke management activity as required.
- Responsible for the implementation of payroll change and ensuring payroll readiness, embedding new operational services or migrating services where appropriate.
- Responsible for completion of thorough payroll related testing for all change programmes.
- Identify and drive improvement to our operational systems and procedures ensuring that we continue to meet the needs of the customer and the business through contribution to operational reviews.
- Ensure learning embedded following implementation of change or the raising of risks events.
- Work in partnership with HR Colleagues at all levels - engaging stakeholders and representing HR Operations in new initiatives.
Due to the complex nature of payroll the role holder must have the ability to represent the team and have the ability to explain their subject matter with clarity and a level of authority.
- Extensive experience of payroll administration and support, with more recent years being at expertise level.
- Decision making that takes accountability of policy, legislation, operational performance and the wider team deliverables.
- Influence and negotiate at senior management level.
- Maturity and experience of handling complex and challenging situations.
- Excellent people management skills in relation to motivation, development and delivery.
- SAP Payroll experience strongly recommended (either specialist or generalist).
- Payroll Legislation and HR policy
- Analytical thinking
- Exposure to Sarbanes Oxley requirements.