Senior Legal Counsel-Dispute ResolutionIn-House
Our client, an international financial services firm, would like to hire a seasoned disputes lawyer to implement the vision, strategy and direction of the Dispute Resolution Team.
- Lead on the management of assigned Major Disputes (qualification for this category being measured by potential financial exposure and/or potential significant reputational or commercial risk), cross border orders and, where appropriate, investigations within the region and across the Group's global network.
- Collaborate and work closely with the Legal team supporting the management of Major Disputes, taking into account the need for consultation on regional and local legal issues, management of senior stakeholders regionally and globally and management of the risks involved. Act as a trusted and "go to" adviser and as a senior point of contact for dispute resolution related advice and expertise.
- Provide relevant stakeholders with accurate and timely information regarding the status of assigned Major Disputes, cross-border orders and investigations.
- Assume responsibility for providing legal advice, guidance and support to stakeholders across the Group on the management and conduct of assigned Major Disputes, cross border orders and investigations.
- Anticipate and proactively provide legal advice, guidance and support for assigned projects and initiatives aimed to reduce and mitigate risk in contentious cases.
- Maintain close relationships with the Group's businesses and support functions in order to provide them with relevant legal advice, guidance and support on disputes or investigations related matters (including on how to mitigate the risk of disputes arising).
- 10 yrs PQE as a solicitor/attorney or barrister/advocate.
- Experience of managing complex legal disputes and investigations in private practice or in-house.
- Sharp business acumen (including ability to assess risk and appropriate levels of return), strong leadership qualities, excellent interpersonal skills and multicultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Sound judgment of business practices, regulatory relationship management and reputational risk.
- Exemplary integrity, ethics, independence and resilience.
- Proven ability to establish relationships and provide strong direction at senior levels of the Group and with external stakeholders.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.