Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Policy
McGregor Boyall Associates Limited is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion and opposes unlawful or unfair discrimination. We aim to create an environment that encourages and values diversity within its workforce and builds on the differences individuals bring, enriching our culture, experience and growth.
Our policy is compliant with the following legislation:
- Equality Act 2010.
- The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
- The Local Government Act 1988 and 1999.
- Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Act (SENDA) 2001.
- Racial & Religious Hatred Act 2006.
- The Work & Families Act 2006.
- Protection from Harassment Act 1997
Our policies purpose is to:
1. Not unlawfully discriminate because of the Equality Act 2010 protected characteristics of:
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage and civil partnership
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin)
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation
2. Oppose and avoid all forms of unlawful discrimination. This includes in:
- Pay and benefits
- Terms and conditions of employment
- Dealing with grievances and discipline
- Leave for parents
- Requests for flexible working
- Selection for employment, promotion, training or other developmental opportunities
3. Provide equality, fairness and respect for all in our employment, whether temporary, contract, part-time or full-time, whilst observing our commitment and responsibility to current legislation. To achieve this, we will:
- Fulfil our social responsibility towards our employees, contractors, temporary workers and the communities in which we operate.
- Recognise all of our legal obligations with particular reference to those acts and directives detailed previously.
- Make all opportunities (including advertising, interview and selection processes, promotion and training) as accessible as possible to under-represented groups.
- Conduct monitoring and to ensure processes are fair, equitable and accessible and to identify any significant under-representation.
- Endeavour to attain a workforce that is representative of the communities from which it is drawn to secure the widest possible pool of talent.
- Recruit, train and promote the best person for the job and to make full use of the talents and resources of all our employees.
- Make decisions concerning staff being based on merit (apart from in any necessary and limited exemptions and exceptions allowed under the Equality Act).
- Create a working environment free from unlawful discrimination, victimisation and harassment in which all employees, clients, partners, candidates, contractors and temporary workers are treated with dignity and respect.
- Periodically review our selection criteria and procedures to ensure that they remain compliant and maintain a system that ensures fairness.
- Distribute and continuously publicise our full Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Policy throughout the company to employees and to clients, partners, visitors, candidates, contractors and temporary workers.
- Provide the facilities and opportunity for anyone who believes that they have been treated inequitably within the scope of our policy to raise the matter through the appropriate grievance or complaints procedure.
- Log all reported instances of harassment and take action to mitigate and minimise harassment and victimisation wherever possible.
- Ensure that employees understand that breaches of this policy will not be tolerated and may lead to disciplinary proceedings.
The equality, diversity and inclusion policy is fully endorsed and supported by senior management.
Our disciplinary and grievance procedures:
Details of the organisation’s grievance and disciplinary policies and procedures can be found on The Source or alternatively please contact Charlotte Turner-Lewsey (HR Business Partner) for a copy.
Monitoring and review:
Our policy will be reviewed regularly and may be altered from time to time in light of legislative changes or other prevailing circumstances.